AN ex-police officer has been sentenced to 18 months in prison after drink driving and fleeing from police.
The man drove drunk and smashed into a moped, injuring three people, one of whom was a tourist.
After the booze-fueled crash on the A-4053 in Mijas in 2014, the officer fled the scene in another vehicle to avoid a breathalyser test.
But now the former cop is being tried over a fatal accident on the A-7 in Torremolinos in 2017.
A judge found that the ex-copper was, ‘perfectly aware of the protocols and how to act in accordance with the legislation in force in cases of accidents involving drivers under the influence of alcohol’.
In the incident in which he fled police the man was apparently agitated and frantically making phone calls after being pulled from his car.
Police said he had booze on his breath, but that he sped away in a car on the other side of the road to avoid being breathalysed.
Despite clear injuries, the man also avoided going to hospital.
He is now banned from driving for eight years on top of his one and a half year sentence.
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57