MICHAEL Schumacher is reportedly spending winter at a luxury £26 million Mallorca mansion with round-the-clock carers.
A respected German magazine said the seven times Formula 1 Champion’s family celebrated Christmas at the mammoth property they purchased last year – swapping icy conditions at their home at Lake Geneva, Switzerland, for sunny skies in the Mediterranean.
Neighbours of the Villa Yasmin, in Port d’Andratx, confirmed they saw the German racing legend arrive by dark blue helicopter on the Spanish island.
It is believed that Schumacher was also at the property for New Year’s celebrations and his 50th birthday on January 3, though it is not known if he is living there permanently.
Schumacher won 91 races in a record-breaking F1 career before suffering a traumatic brain injury in a skiing accident in 2013. He was reportedly receiving £50,000-a-week treatment from a team of 15 physicians and nurses at his Swiss home.
Villa Yasmin previously belonged to Florentino Perez, president of Real Madrid, and boasts two swimming pools, a large manicured garden, a helipad and stunning western views over the Balearic Sea.
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40