A BRITISH soldier and football coach has pleaded guilty to possession of cocaine and intent to supply in Gibraltar.
Garry Lowe, 34, a former Corporal in the Royal Gibraltar Regiment, was cuffed with 56 grams of the class-A drug, with a street value of £3000.
Lowe is known for managing several of the Rock’s football teams, and helped to found Premier Division side Gibraltar Phoenix.
He later took up coaching responsibilities at Red Imps and Bruno’s Magpies.
After his initial arrest in February outside a ‘military establishment’ police also used ‘specialised sniffer dogs’ to search two locations.
Lowe was discharged from the regiment at his own request, before his court appearance on Thursday.
He has now been remanded in custody and the case will be moved to the Supreme Court, but has been adjourned until May 30.
- ‘Greedy’ landowner sells expats’ animal refuge land near Costa del Sol meaning 800 animals could be killed - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 10:02
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Picardo meets outgoing UK Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss Iran crisis and Brexit - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:35