A BRITISH soldier and football coach has pleaded guilty to possession of cocaine and intent to supply in Gibraltar.
Garry Lowe, 34, a former Corporal in the Royal Gibraltar Regiment, was cuffed with 56 grams of the class-A drug, with a street value of £3000.
Lowe is known for managing several of the Rock’s football teams, and helped to found Premier Division side Gibraltar Phoenix.
He later took up coaching responsibilities at Red Imps and Bruno’s Magpies.
After his initial arrest in February outside a ‘military establishment’ police also used ‘specialised sniffer dogs’ to search two locations.
Lowe was discharged from the regiment at his own request, before his court appearance on Thursday.
He has now been remanded in custody and the case will be moved to the Supreme Court, but has been adjourned until May 30.
- OPINION: Celebrities are pushing Mallorca’s positive image at the moment and the season has not even started - 26 May, 2019 @ 12:15
- Jet2 removes Costa del Sol beaches from its website after Olive Press probe into raw sewage pumped into sea - 25 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Sea and air search launched for British diver and ex-soldier, 70, who vanished while diving in southern Spain - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:18
- British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, found dead on Spain’s Costa del Sol after four days missing - 24 May, 2019 @ 12:22
- GSD blasts Bet365’s Brexit move to shift Gibraltar operations to Malta as over 500 staff could be relocated - 24 May, 2019 @ 11:47
- Bet365 to relocate 1,000 staff from Gibraltar office to Malta in HUGE €70 million move over Brexit fears - 23 May, 2019 @ 17:53
- Largest ever cocaine haul made in Spain’s Sevilla as 1000 kilos of the drug smuggled in banana truck - 23 May, 2019 @ 16:03
- ‘HUMOUR HAS NO LIMITS’: Man in Spain defends his jokes about little Julen who died down well - 23 May, 2019 @ 12:37
- Spain’s Julio Iglesias is ‘willing’ to do DNA test to find out if Spanish lovechild is really his - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:18
- Police arrest 30 in Costa del Sol gigalo ring that lured young men with FAKE escort jobs, netting ringleaders €700,000 - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:33