MALAGA just pipped Cadiz for having the most profitable hotels in Spain.
According to report by Exceltur, an association of the leading Spanish tourism companies, hotel revenues on the Costa del Sol have received a huge boost this summer putting them ahead of the nation.
Marbella and Estepona are leading the group for the highest revenues from June to August, with 119 and 96.90 euros per room.
And following up closely are Tarifa, Chiclana and Conil de la Frontera.
However Exceltur warns there is a significant disparity in the profitability of various regions.
It said: “The five-star establishments are those that have raised the average of all the hotels, they have performed better this summer, an average increase of 12.2 per cent.”
And the report showed when it comes to the luxury sector Marbella is way out front with an income of almost 166 euros for each room in a five star hotel.
At the top end of the scale the average profitability for beds in Spain stands at 102.5 euros which far exceeds the national average across all sectors.
But according to the association, although the industry still has a way to go before it returns to the figures of 2008, the current average of 55.90 euros reflects a steady recovery with a global increase of 5.4 per cent over last season.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00