A MANHUNT has been launched after a British woman was stabbed to death on her doorstep.
Police are searching for the Spanish ex-boyfriend of Marilyn Wilson, 55, who was killed as she left her home near Madrid on Monday.
She was found unconscious with stab wounds to her chest and stomach and later died in hospital.
The victim had a restraining order against her ex partner after he beat her up badly last summer.
A spokesman for the Guardia Civil insisted they had been in regular contact with her and had even visited her home on Saturday.
- Expat female chef chases off machete-wielding robbers - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 06:00
- People who study are healthier - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 05:30
- Poet Carlos Pranger: The new Brenan - 18 Mar, 2011 @ 05:00
- Spanish women are having fewer children - 17 Mar, 2011 @ 07:15
- Pill bargaining - 17 Mar, 2011 @ 07:00
- Carmen Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum set to open in Malaga - 16 Mar, 2011 @ 08:00
- Spain complains about Gibraltar landfill plans - 16 Mar, 2011 @ 08:00
- Operation nuclear clean-up - 15 Mar, 2011 @ 08:30
- Sevilla royal visit for Prince Charles and Camilla - 14 Mar, 2011 @ 10:56
- Ruffled feathers in Ronda - 14 Mar, 2011 @ 08:45