- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Spain blocks flight plan
• The SIngle European Sky development may not include Gibraltar
THE British government has slammed a plan to exclude Gibraltar from a key European airspace initiative.
The Spanish foreign ministry is to veto the Single European Sky scheme, set up by the EU to accommodate the growing level of air traffic in Europe.
The plan involves dividing the continent up into blocks of airspace, which would ignore national boundaries, placing Gibraltar and Spain together.
Spain is now being accused of turning its back on a 2006 tripartite agreement which gave Gibraltar an equal say along with the UK over issues concerning the Rock.
“Under the Cordoba Agreement of September 2006 Spain agreed to stop seeking the suspension of Gibraltar Airport from future EU aviation measures,” a Foreign Office spokesman said.
“The UK will continue to do all it can to hold Spain to its international commitment.”
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
A local police officer accused of killing a woman has been found dead in his prison cell…