- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
First photo of Shakira’s new baby released
• Gerard Pique and son, Milan
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
NEW mum, Shakira, has tweeted to the world the first glimpse of her baby with footballer husband, Gerard Pique.
The Colombian singer released the first official photo of her son, Milan Pique Mebarak, on the social networking site on Monday.
The photo shows the tiny tot in the arms of her handsome husband, Pique, who plays for Barcelona.
It shows the footballer cradling his son and planting a kiss on his cheek with the message: Meet our baby boy Milan.
Shakira, 36, and Pique, 26, have asked for donations to children’s charity, Unicef instead of gifts for their newborn.
The superstar singer said: “We hope that, in his name, other less-privileged children in the world can have their basic needs covered through gifts and donations.
“Thank you for sharing this unforgettable moment with us.”
The She Wolf singer gave birth to Milan on January 22 in a hospital in Barcelona.
Explaining her son’s name, she said: “It means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification.
“Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth.”
The families are now spending time together at their home in the Spanish city.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]