ISOBEL Ellul-Hammond has resigned as an MP and blasted her GSD party’s ‘lethargy’.
The politician’s sudden withdrawal from parliament allows her to concentrate on a new role as the Gibraltar Health Authority’s Cancer Services Coordinator.
She had announced her resignation last April, but was expected to remain as an MP until after this year’s general election.
Mrs Ellul-Hammond said: “My party no longer inspires me, nor does it give me confidence for the future.
“I would be unable to cope with another four years of lethargy in opposition.”
Her decision means a by-election must be called within 90 days or before the end of November.
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06