THE most talked about contestant of I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! is closely connected to Andalucia.
Controversial royal, Lady Colin Campbell, who has become a jungle favourite, heralds from a long line in Sephardic Jews from Cordoba.
Aristocrat Campbell, 66, who married the queen’s cousin in 1974, found her ancestors, the de Pass family, had been expelled from Spain 500 years ago and emigrated to Jamaica.
She is however, a regular visitor to the region and has a large network of friends in Spain and Gibraltar.
A friend told the Olive Press: “She is often over here and loves this area of Spain. She normally comes completely unrecognised… but that is unlikely next time!”
He added: “She is also frequently in Gibraltar and has one or two close friends living there.”
Campbell is a controversial character, who describes the British television-watching public as ‘oiks’.
She was raised as a boy named ‘George’, due to a protruding clitoris, and it was not until she was 21 that she was confirmed female and had corrective surgery.
In her 1992 biography of Lady Diana, Lady Colin controversially claimed King Juan Carlos had a fling with the queen of hearts, as well as breaking the story of Diana’s bulimia.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25