WHEN Maria Rosales Donaire got a decent severance payment from her previous job as an accountant for a French multinational in Madrid, she knew exactly her next career path.
Coming from Granada it was only natural that the canny mother-of-two would set up a new business in nearby Sierra Nevada.
Seeing a gap in the market, she invested in a restaurant in pole position right on the main square in the heart of Pradollano.
Rebranding it as a quality hamburger joint, Telesilla Burger, she has cleverly trapped a large part of the expat and foreign market.
Installing some funky ski lift seats, not to mention a big screen for all the big footie games – including the Premier League – she has seen big growth over the last four years.
“We just offer good quality, simple food, that is my motto,” she explains. And it seems to be working.
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36