POLICE have freed a pregnant teen who was sold by her parents to a Romanian family in Andalucia.
The 16-year-old’s mum and dad flogged her off for €8,000 in Huelva province so that she could be wed to a young Romanian man.
Four have been arrested over the bizarre exchange, including the victim’s father, mother and her two children.
The mother was imprisoned, while the father, who is also accused of sexual abuse, was held in Romania.
It is alleged that four kidnappers bundled the minor into a car in Romania and took her against her will to Spain where she was married to the man.
She was forced to prostitute herself and the younger brother of the man she married even received a picture of her her with a black eye and a broken arm in a cast.
The girl notified police herself and said that she had asked for money to return home and buy clothes, adding that she had been beaten.
According to the head of the Romanian family the girl also received €150 so she could get an abortion.
Those arrested are accused of human trafficking a human being for forced marriage.
The 16-year-old girl has now been transferred to a centre for minors in Andalucia, where she is being cared for.
- British Ambassador to Spain Simon Manley answers all your Brexit questions in Facebook live Q & A next week - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 15:01
- UK Foreign Office updates website to say terrorists ‘very likely to carry out attacks in Spain’ - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 14:23
- ‘EXTREME RISK’: Balearic Islands to be hit by 8-metre waves tomorrow while orange warnings in place on Costa del Sol - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 13:52
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence - 23 Jan, 2019 @ 12:34
- DON’T JUDGE: ‘Fake lawyer’ on Costa del Sol arrested after she charged clients €2000 a minute - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 17:22
- IS IT A BIRD? Gibraltar introduces helicopter sightseeing tours in 2019 with Norwegian firm Fonnafly - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:37
- Spain and UK sign landmark deal mutually protecting voting rights after Brexit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 15:36
- RED FLAG: British expat bar owner in southern Spain faces huge fine for refusing to take down Union Jack - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 13:56
- WATCH: Police SMASH one of Europe’s largest cocaine labs run from luxury Costa del Sol villa - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:41
- UK and Irish investors claim €35 million for ‘ghost developments’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol that were never built - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00