HE is usually known as New York’s most favourite son.
But now, US actor Woody Allen has taken to promoting somewhere completely different.
The 74-year-old funnyman appeared in a video to promote Asturias this week.
He filmed the new marketing video, which is to be used globally to encourage more tourists to the northern Spanish region.
Since first visiting the capital of Oviedo in 2002, he has been over five times for holidays.
He has already praised the local gastronomy and noted that culture plays a large part in the lives of local people.
He once told people to visit Asturias to “avoid the ugly in the world”.
And to show his love of the region he was presenting his new film ‘You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger’ in Aviles this week.
The film opens across the country on Friday and stars Antonio Banderas.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27