MORE THAN 300 people protested in Almunecar in support of local farmers affected by a hailstorm in August.
Organised by the Farmers’ Association Aprodate , protesters led by the Mayor Trinidad Herrera and Aprodate President Juan Camacho included local political group representatives plus traders and farmers.
Camacho told the protesters the Junta de Andalucia has still failed to offer any aid to Almunecar farmers whose crops were ruined while El Ejido in Almeria had been pledged €3 million.
Farmers and traders have placed boxes of damaged chirimoyas in the town square to highlight their plight.
- Skyfall! - 3 Jan, 2014 @ 11:32
- Free-range foie gras - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Careless talk costs car driver - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- Nothing to grouse about! - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 18:30
- Guess who’s coming to dinner? - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30
- OLIVE PRESS APPEAL: Surfing and salvation - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:57
- Fruit flop - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Spain is a sex-pot hotspot - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- A tale of pain and passion in the palace - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 15:30
- Watching the birdies! - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30