Commuters should brace themselves for further delays at the border, Gibraltar authorities have warned.
Considerable diversions are to be put in place for both pedestrian and vehicular traffic, due to proposed works on the Spanish side.
The diversions will affect all vehicular traffic into and out of Gibraltar including commercial and coach traffic as well as pedestrians.
The Collector of Customs and senior police are working with the Technical Services Department to ensure that the necessary diversions will be in place by the time the works are due to begin, on September 8.
The work is expected to work until the end of March 2015.
The government will make further information public as it becomes available and the RGP
will clarify traffic flow arrangements as soon as possible.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05