A NEW Axarquia golf course has been given the green light to be built on a 1.7 million metres-squared site.
The residential golf complex, Juvigolf, is now just waiting on final approval from the Ministry of Public Works before work can begin.
Following a positive environmental report and submission of adequate plans for drinking and irrigation water supplies, the ministry is unlikely to object.
The €300 million project includes an 18-hole golf course, more than 1,500 homes and a four-star hotel, as well as a restaurant.
The complex, 3km north of Chilches, is expected to be completed between 2020 and 2050.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44