SHERRY is making a comeback as the toast with the most.
Consumption in Spain has grown for the first time in 30 years. And the tipple once associated with vicars and maiden aunts is even finding flavour with the younger generation.
Experts say the 1.5% increase is due to the growing demand for organic and natural wines among younger consumers, while the increase in production has led to a drop in prices.
Europe has seen a revival of the Jerez wine in recent years, with London opening sherry bars like Capote and Toros in Kensington.
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19
- Iconic restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol divides opinion over sign declaring it ‘Spanish, Catholic and rightwing’ - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 16:54