AN expat campaigner is making a film about the effect of Brexit on Brits in Spain.
Gemma Middleton is travelling to Alicante, Valencia, Malaga, Murcia and Madrid to interview fellow expats for the hour-long documentary.
Valencia-based Middleton,43, was inspired to make Uk Immigrants in Spain – the Forgotten Voices after feeling betrayed by June’s referendum result.
Since the June 23 vote, mother-of-two Middleton has travelled through Spain with director Samuel Sebastian interviewing some of the 800,000 Britons living here.
Among those interviewed is a dance academy manager who refuses to hire Brits who have lived here for less than five years in case they are unable to get residency.
The film, due for release in 2017, will also explore the effect of Brexit on Spanish companies, law and attitudes towards Brits.
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38