CULTURED marijuana farmers have been playing classical music to enhance the growth of their crops.
In a scene, worthy of hit TV show Breaking Bad, the music-loving criminals played a permanent loop of Mozart and Vivaldi to encourage faster growth.
Police in Almeria were left amazed when they raided their warehouse in Almeria.
The gang had utilised the method, it emerged, at various isolated farmhouses they rented in the province.
Each farm was protected by CCTV and armed guards were employed to watch over the entrances.
The music is believed to have alleviate any potential ‘stress’ the plants could have been feeling.
Elias Tempton, a weed grower at the legal medical marijuana dispensary in Denver in the US, said the that the melodies of Chopin and Beethoven have also been seen to increase the drug’s potency.
“You can notice a difference,” he said, “They don’t need it to be loud, they just need it to be audible.”
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16