Lucy Yallop, 32, said she felt humiliated after a steward on her flight to Alicante called the Spanish cops, who were waiting for her at the tarmac when she landed.
The eagle-eyed attendant had spotted Yallop attempting to pour the spirit into her fresh orange juice.
“I never thought a miniature bottle of vodka would cause so much trouble,” said the 32 year old, who runs her own hair salon in Durham city.
“I bought it at Newcastle Airport when it was announced there would be a delay when it snowed last Friday.
“The two I was sitting with, Maxine Hitch, who is 51, and Noelle McNary, who is 48, were both on antibiotics and weren’t drinking anyway.
“I knew I shouldn’t but I knew I had the single measure in my bag and tried to put it in my orange.
“The steward came from nowhere and said ‘What have you got in your hand?’
“It was embarrassing. I didn’t have time to pour it into my orange and he took it from me.”
A steward told Lucy that he had warned her four times about drinking alcohol on-board, twice in the form of general tannoy announcements.
Lucy added: “I was apologetic and didn’t argue, but then the punishment I got was so disproportionate to what happened.
“The steward said he had told the captain who had radioed through so I would be arrested when we landed in Spain.
“I was told I would hear from easyJet within 24 hours if they were going to cancel my flight back.
“I was crying and shaking, I was so humiliated. I was terrified. I was told to stand up in front of everyone so they could keep an eye on me getting off.
“They were bewildered and let me go through to the terminal and carry on with my journey.”
A spokesman for easyJet said: “On this flight the crew warned a passenger four times that they could not drink their own alcohol on-board. No airline permits passengers to consume their own alcohol as crew need to be able to monitor alcohol consumption onboard for the safety of all passengers.
“The safety and well being of passengers and crew is always easyJet’s priority.”
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13