POP music fans have chosen Spain’s Eurovision entry.
Catalan Manel Navarro will represent Spain at this year’s flamboyant contest in Kiev, Ukraine with his catchy, upbeat song Do It For Your Lover.
Navarro, 20, gained the same
amount of public votes as other contestant Mirela Cabero Garcia in the nail-biting TV contest, leaving it to the show’s professional jury to cast the deciding vote.
He also beat Malaga’s half British Mario Jefferson, 26, and LeKlein, who was the favourite to win, along with two others.
Posting on Twitter after his win, Navarro said: “You are the best!
“Thanks to everyone, to my lover and all of the team.
“We are going to Kiev!”
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09