Prices on the Spanish government-run minetad.gob.es and drive-alive.co.uk showed the average price for a litre of unleaded petrol on the islands was €1.30, compared with Spain’s €1.18 and the UK’s €1.23 averages.
The government report, which tallied the average prices of 10.000 filing stations all over Spain found the Balearics topped the list at €1.342, with Valencia coming a close second at €1.340.
Cadiz and Granada, based in Andalucia, came in joint third at €1.339.
The picture for diesel is similar with Spain’s average being €1.06 and the UK’s also €1.23, according to drive-alive.co.uk, but the Balearics wins here again with an average price of €1.428.
- From court to caught: the rags to riches story of Mallorca’s ‘King of the Night’ Tolo Cursach - 23 Sep, 2017 @ 05:11
- EXCLUSIVE: Mallorca mugger breaks leg after fleeing from Santa Catalina robbery - 21 Sep, 2017 @ 13:56
- Garden gnome causes bomb scare outside Palma government’s headquarters - 18 Sep, 2017 @ 15:16
- New weapon launched to net illegal fishing offenders in Mallorca - 17 Sep, 2017 @ 13:58
- Tourist arrested for driving drunk while naked in Mallorca - 16 Sep, 2017 @ 07:15
- Balearic Tourism Ministry vows to crack down on scam rental holiday sites - 15 Sep, 2017 @ 07:08
- British mother and daughter accused of running multi-million euro holiday sickness scam in Spain - 7 Sep, 2017 @ 13:55
- REVEALED: The most expensive place to fill up your car in Spain… and it costs even more than the UK! - 6 Sep, 2017 @ 15:41