LIDL’s 15€ Queen Margot Whisky has just been crowned the ‘Best Scotch Whisky’ in the world.
The eight year blended bargain booze received the prize at the World Whiskies Awards, where it was judged by 40 international experts.
The budget supermarket’s beverage beat more luxury brands like Johnnie Walker Black Label, which sell for more than double the price.
The whiskey is mellowed in oak casks and is described as having aromas of dried apricot and plum.
There are 550 Lidl stores in Spain and the retailer is the country’s 5th biggest, with 4.8% market share.
- Death of British teen in Spain who was third to die at same apartment block ‘could have been prevented’ - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- OH MY GOGH: Gun Van Gogh ‘killed himself with’ to be auctioned off while southern Spain tour of his work continues - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 12:30
- CASTING CALL: Netflix needs male and female extras in Spain’s Andalucia for new drama series - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 10:57
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00