- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Two Gibraltar police officers killed in motorbike tragedy
• The Ronda road is the most dangerous road in Malaga province
By Kathryn Richardson
TRAGEDY struck Gibraltar yesterday after a couple died in a motorbike accident.
Off-duty police officers, Jenzen Santos, 42, and Josephine Guiling, 34, were enjoying a day out with friends when the motorbike they were travelling on had a blow-out and collided with an oncoming lorry.
Both were pronounced dead at the scene.
The couple both served with the Royal Gibraltar Police and had five children between them.
A Gibraltar government spokesman said: “It’s a real tragedy and has upset many people. We really feel for the children.”
The accident happened on the most dangerous road in Malaga Province between Ronda and San Pedro de Alcantara.
Their funeral will take place in St Theresa’s Church at 3pm today.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
Police make two record drug hauls in one week…