THIS is the moment a 64-year-old woman in Spain gave birth to twins.
The unnamed OAP has now become the country’s second oldest mother after a successful Caesarian section at the Recoletas Hospital in Burgos.
The boy and girl are in a ‘perfect state of health’, weighing 5lbs 3oz and 4lbs 8oz respectively.
The pensioner fell pregnant following successful IVF treatment in the US.
But the birth will likely be met by controversy after it was revealed that the woman, said to be from Palacios de la Sierra, had her last child taken away from her.
According to El Mundo, the mother had a daughter via the same method six years ago, but social services took her away after detecting problems related to a lack of schooling and personal hygiene.
The young girl is now believed to be living with a relatives after being removed in 2014.
A hospital spokesman said of today’s birth: “The mother and her twins, a boy and a girl, will remain in the hospital for four or five days which is normal after a Caesarian.
“There were no problems. Everything went according to plan.”
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16