FIVE more British families in Albox have been told that their dream homes could be destroyed.
They are set to join the `Albox Nine´ who are already living under the threat of demolition in Almeria.
The families were summoned to court in Huercal-Overa on 7th April to be told that their builder Osvaldo Ceferino Martinez has been charged with planning crimes relating to illegal construction.
The devastated British homeowners were given three days to appoint a lawyer so that they can defend their interests and claim compensation.
Now, the state prosecutor is seeking the demolition of the five houses in the La Molata area of Albox.
The builder Martinez will be expected to pay the 65,000 euro demolition cost as well as compensation to the homeowners.
His whereabouts is currently unknown to the families and there is growing concern about his financial status.
The case will now be sent to trial in Almeria.
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58