IRON Maiden rock god Bruce Dickinson has shelled out a small fortune to fly an endangered turtle to Spain.
The heavy metal singer’s personal plane flew Terri the turtle to the Canary Islands after she was washed up on a Jersey beach with a damaged shell and a nasty infection.
His generous offer came after a crowdfunding campaign raised €8,000 to rescue the reptile and fly her to Spain, where a sanctuary had offered to care for her.
She has now been flown to Gran Canaria from the New Era Veterinary Hospital, via Guernsey company Aeris Aviation, using Dickinson’s plane.
“A jet has become available at a far reduced price and with the donations at the hospital and online we have reached the price we need for the jet,” explained vet Peter Haworth,
“It shows how much one little turtle can bond people together. We had interest immediately from Dubai, Australia and America.”
Dickinson learned to fly aeroplanes after leaving the legendary metal band, whose hits include The Number of the Beast and Can I Play with Madness?
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31