IRON Maiden rock god Bruce Dickinson has shelled out a small fortune to fly an endangered turtle to Spain.
The heavy metal singer’s personal plane flew Terri the turtle to the Canary Islands after she was washed up on a Jersey beach with a damaged shell and a nasty infection.
His generous offer came after a crowdfunding campaign raised €8,000 to rescue the reptile and fly her to Spain, where a sanctuary had offered to care for her.
She has now been flown to Gran Canaria from the New Era Veterinary Hospital, via Guernsey company Aeris Aviation, using Dickinson’s plane.
“A jet has become available at a far reduced price and with the donations at the hospital and online we have reached the price we need for the jet,” explained vet Peter Haworth,
“It shows how much one little turtle can bond people together. We had interest immediately from Dubai, Australia and America.”
Dickinson learned to fly aeroplanes after leaving the legendary metal band, whose hits include The Number of the Beast and Can I Play with Madness?
- Karatbars gets to the Forbes Prominent Blockchain List - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 19:38
- Major Olive Revolution in Georgia - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 16:26
- SLOW TRAVEL: Run down your rev count in Ronda where slow travel is the new mantra - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 09:59
- FILTHY RICH: How the other half live when on holiday in southern Spain, from Saudi Royalty to British prime ministers and American billionaires - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 08:50
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57