The Deuce Bigalow star tweeted a picture of his take on the traditional dish on Christmas day, which included giant lobsters and clams, only to feel the wrath of unimpressed Spaniards.
“Dude, that paella is a 2.5/10 quality. Come to Spain to taste the REAL ONE,” Spanish Youtuber Liberty-Mario sniped at Schneider, before later downgrading his rating to an even more brutal 0.033/10.
Another Tweeter said: “This is not paella: this is rice with things.”
While journalist Manolo Montalt added:“If this is paella, my balls are carnations.”
“What?! You forgot the chorizo!!” joked one reply, making reference to Jamie Oliver’s now infamous take on the dish which included the Valencian no-no of chorizo.
In attempt to assuage his haters, Schneider only added fuel to the flames, Tweeting: “For the people of Sevilla who were insulted by my paella, I didn’t mean to use lobsters. They crawled in the pan by themselves!”
Spanish chef Jose Andres responded: “Paella is from Valencia…. Breath in, breath out! Mayhem has broken… you maybe handcuffed if you travel to Valencia!”
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13