The Deuce Bigalow star tweeted a picture of his take on the traditional dish on Christmas day, which included giant lobsters and clams, only to feel the wrath of unimpressed Spaniards.
“Dude, that paella is a 2.5/10 quality. Come to Spain to taste the REAL ONE,” Spanish Youtuber Liberty-Mario sniped at Schneider, before later downgrading his rating to an even more brutal 0.033/10.
Another Tweeter said: “This is not paella: this is rice with things.”
While journalist Manolo Montalt added:“If this is paella, my balls are carnations.”
“What?! You forgot the chorizo!!” joked one reply, making reference to Jamie Oliver’s now infamous take on the dish which included the Valencian no-no of chorizo.
In attempt to assuage his haters, Schneider only added fuel to the flames, Tweeting: “For the people of Sevilla who were insulted by my paella, I didn’t mean to use lobsters. They crawled in the pan by themselves!”
Spanish chef Jose Andres responded: “Paella is from Valencia…. Breath in, breath out! Mayhem has broken… you maybe handcuffed if you travel to Valencia!”
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31