The Deuce Bigalow star tweeted a picture of his take on the traditional dish on Christmas day, which included giant lobsters and clams, only to feel the wrath of unimpressed Spaniards.
“Dude, that paella is a 2.5/10 quality. Come to Spain to taste the REAL ONE,” Spanish Youtuber Liberty-Mario sniped at Schneider, before later downgrading his rating to an even more brutal 0.033/10.
Another Tweeter said: “This is not paella: this is rice with things.”
While journalist Manolo Montalt added:“If this is paella, my balls are carnations.”
“What?! You forgot the chorizo!!” joked one reply, making reference to Jamie Oliver’s now infamous take on the dish which included the Valencian no-no of chorizo.
In attempt to assuage his haters, Schneider only added fuel to the flames, Tweeting: “For the people of Sevilla who were insulted by my paella, I didn’t mean to use lobsters. They crawled in the pan by themselves!”
Spanish chef Jose Andres responded: “Paella is from Valencia…. Breath in, breath out! Mayhem has broken… you maybe handcuffed if you travel to Valencia!”
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40
- FLAG-RANT: Fabian Picardo steps in after American cruise ship infuriates Gibraltar with ‘Welcome to Gibraltor’ message printed on Spanish flag - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:09
- WATCH: Dramatic rescue after two ‘narco boats’ collide off Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 May, 2019 @ 15:29
- Mystery as expat and two Lithuanians found in busted van carrying €1 MILLION CASH en route to Malaga – but NONE of them claim ownership - 15 May, 2019 @ 12:31