Almost 10,000 items worth €305,000, purporting to be from Disney or Warner Bros were uncovered during a major operation against counterfeit goods.
Photos distributed by the Guardia Civil showed, among other items, cloaks and ties worn by the pupils of Hogwarts, the school created by British author JK Rowling.
Banners, scarves and hats bearing the colours of Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, the four houses of Hogwarts, were also being sold at the Barcelona store.
Fake magic wands and even a replica of the young wizard’s owl, Hedwig, were also on offer.
Wands were sold at €35.99 while the caged Hedwig was marketed at €97.99. But they were in fact cheaply made forgeries, the majority from China.
A 38-year-old Spanish woman, the toy shop manager, has been arrested.
She is being investigated for a crime against industrial property.
The raid, by officers from the Guardia Civil’s Tax and Borders unit, took place on February 27 but was only revealed on Wednesday.
A spokesman for the Guardia Civil said: “This raid was part of a wider operation against fake goods which are arriving mostly from China to Spain by sea and other routes.”
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27