- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Five police officers accused of stealing impounded drugs
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
FIVE local police officers are accused of trafficking impounded drugs in Mijas.
The officers were first arrested in November 2009 after seizing 175 kilos of hashish before allegedly transporting it in patrol cars to a civilian’s home for storage.
However, when the original trial started, the provincial court ruled that key evidence, including phone-tapping and witness statements, had been obtained without proper documentation and the case was put on hold.
Now a public prosecutor, along with Mijas town hall, has decided to move forward with the case calling for the officers to serve jail terms of up to seven years.
The home-owner who allegedly stored the drugs faces up to four years.
The case is one of several similar incidents of policemen being involved in drug dealing around Andalucia.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]
Latest news from the Olive Press...
Match in Equatorial Guinea causes outrage…