GIBRALTAR’S MEP Graham Watson has welcomed the EU’s support of his concerns over increased pollution from the CEPSA oil refinery.
It comes after the EU’s commissioner in charge of the environment insisted that ‘shortcomings presently exist for the installation.’
“I am pleased that the Commission is working with the Spanish authorities to reduce pollution levels,” said Watson.
“However, this action cannot come soon enough.
“The pollution levels and pockets of cancer in the area are concerning. I would like to see a thorough scientific analysis to ensure health is not being put at risk.”
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46